Prodigits |
! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.
* ITCWOL > Topics
miirfan
KHIDR

Meeting of Musa (AS) with Khidr was one of the important events of the life of Musa (AS). It is described in detail in Surah Kahf. Background of this event is given in a Hadith in Bukhari narrated by Abi-bin-Kaab (RU). One day the Children of Israel asked Musa (AS), Who is the most learned person on the earth. He said, I am the most learned person. Allah (SWT) did not like this answer. Musa (AS) was expected to say that Allah (SWT) knew the best. Hence
Allah (SWT) intended to provide more training to Musa (AS) as He does to is chosen people. Allah (SWT) informed Musa (AS) that one of His servants was more learned than he was and that this servant was at a place where two seas met. Musa (AS) was very eager to learn more from this person. Musa (AS) requested Allah (SWT) to provide him with more detail of this location. Allah (SWT) instructed Musa (AS) to put a fish in
his basket and travel towards the junction
of the two seas. The learned person was at the place where the fish would disappear. Musa (AS) started the journey with his boy-servant Yusha bin Noon till they reached a rock. They both laid there heads and rested for a while there. The fish got out of the basket and entered the sea. The path of the fish to the sea created a tunnel miraculously. The servant observed this. He, however forgot to tell Musa (AS) about the escape of the fish. Hence both continued their journey for another day and night. At this time, Musa (AS) asked his servant to bring the fish for meal since he was very hungry. Both had experienced a great deal of fatigue during this journey. The servant said to Musa (AS), I forgot to tell you that the fish escaped when we did rest near the rock. Musa (AS) said, It was the location which we were looking for. Hence they retraced their path back till they reached the rock. They saw Khidr. Musa (AS) greeted him. He asked, Are you Musa (AS) of the Children of Israel? Musa (AS) said, Yes, and I request you to teach me some of the knowledge you possess. A long dialogue took place between Musa (AS) and Khidr. There is much more detail of this dialogue in this long Hadith and also in Al-Kahf 62-82 So when they had passed further on (beyond that fixed place), Musa (Moses) said to his boy-servant: Bring us our morning meal; truly, we have suffered much fatigue in this, our journey. He said: Do you remember when we betook ourselves to the rock? I indeed forgot the fish; none but Shaitan (Satan) made me forget to remember it. It took its course into the sea in a strange (way)! (
0 Replies 266 Views 1 Bookmarks
topics posts

* ITCWOL Forum
fav Bookmarks

* ITCWOL

Awesome Wallpapers

Download PRODIGITS Android APP