Prodigits |
! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.
* ITCWOL > Topics
miirfan
QURANIC BASES OF THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS
i) Behold! The angel said: O Mary, Allah gives you glad tidings of a word from Him: His name will be Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter and of the company of those nearest to Allah. He shall speak to the people in the cradle and in maturity of age. He shall be from amongst the righteous. (Quran 3:46).
ii) Then Allah will say: O Jesus, son of Mary! Recount My favour to you and to your mother. Behold! I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit so that you did speak to the people in the cradle and in maturity of age. Behold! I taught you the Book and the Wisdom, the Torah and the Gospel. (Quran, Chapter 5:110).

In these two verses the most important statement is that Jesus would speak to the people in his maturity and this fact has been referred to in these verses as a miracle of Jesus and a special bounty of Allah on him. It may be pointed out that speaking in childhood while one is still in the cradle is undoubtedly a miracle and a great bounty of God on Jesus. Even some of the so-called apocryphal Gospels described him as preaching the divine message while still an infant. But the second part of the statement that he would speak in the maturity of his age is not even worth mentioning in normal conditions. The fact that it has been repeatedly highlighted in the Quran show that in the context of Jesus it is a miracle and is not an ordinary event. We know that the formal prophetic career of Jesus lasted only about three years, from 30 to 33 years old. This shows that he could not reach the age of maturity (in Arabic, Kuhulah) which is normally taken to be after mid-forties. This clearly shows that for him the speech in the age of Kuhulah is yet to come and hence its extraordinary nature.

Ummati...ITCWOL
0 Replies 266 Views 1 Bookmarks
topics posts

* ITCWOL Forum
fav Bookmarks

* ITCWOL

UK TOP40 Ringtones

Download PRODIGITS Android APP