Prodigits |
! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.
wildfern
Passed away on the 7th February, she put up some fight, we got a phone call on the Wednesday morning to say she was struggling to breathe n the doc n nurses were working their best to help her, really thought she was a gonner n was terrified we wouldn't get there on time, 6 days she lasted, me my wee Bro n my Daughter stayed in the hospital with her, absolutely horrific watching my Mam fight with everything she had to stay alive, we slept on chairs for 6 nights, I wouldn't leave her side, she was to weak n frail to get moved to an other hospital to get xrays etc done so they put it down to her nasal feeding tube was causing problems as her chest was severely infected n lungs working overtime, we all got asked, Mam included if we wanted her treatment to be stopped, she shook her shoulders n said dunno, after a discussion we were told treatment wasnt helping her but still gave it a last shot of antibiotics n her nebuliser, to put our minds at ease but thinking back now we were selfish, Mammy was done n knackered but didnt want to go, we thought we were doing it for her but prolonged things, how she lasted for 6 days is beyond me, last 2 days she was doped up with morphine to let her go peacefully n with dignity, she lost her fight on the Tuesday morning at 8.51am with us 3 by her side holding her hands, funeral isnt til next Friday, it's been the hardest last 3 weeks of my life but it gives me comfort to know that shes not going through hell getting suctioned n all the other horrible treatment with injections etc, she not suffering anymore n pain free... I was truly blessed to have her as my Mam, she graced this Earth for 80 years, we laughed, we shed tears, we looked after each other, we fought I said black she said white lol miss her cheek n banter, miss winding her up n getting rows or she would know I was at it n burst out laughing, lost my best friend, but shes at peace now... love u to the moon n back Mam.. til we meet again heart.gif
20 Replies 1277 Views 0 Favourites
Page #: 1/2
> »
Page #: /2
> »

Download PRODIGITS Android APP