Prodigits |
! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.
* Local-Only-IP-BBSs > Topics

usalord January 2007
Report non-Internet connected IP BBSs here (0)
If you have or know of any Internet Protocol, NON-Internet connected BBSs, Let us know about it here. who knows, one of us who is interested in them m
usalord January 2007
serial (0)
Don't forget that ppp through serial and plip through parallel port is an economical way to connect computers on your net. They provide connectivity
usalord October 2006
Host Configurers (0)
Who of you has configured a computer as a dial-up host, DNS server, email server or a web server?
usalord September 2006
Law Enforcement (0)
On set up of your Lncal-only BBS, I would give your local sheriff and town marshall or constible a free user account, some number of other user accoun
usalord September 2006
Domains (0)
If you are running a non-internet connected IP net, you will have to run a 'top level' domain name server, and to be smart, you'll need a second DNS a
usalord September 2006
Networking Modes (1)
I don't know about other areas, but in th US there are several networking modes of interest to intrajurisdictional networks. Of course there are LAN c
usalord August 2006
ISP in a box (0)
It might interest u to know, that I once set up what was essentially an small ISP on a single 486, Complete with shell terminal and ppp dial-in, ftp a
usalord August 2006
OSs (0)
For reasons to numerous to enumerate here, I recommend getting Linux and learning it, including all its cool networking possibilities.
usalord August 2006
CYA (0)
In my opinion, if your local BBS / network seeks to avoid interjurisdictional regulation, the best way to protect that includes mandatory user and ope
usalord August 2006
Networking with other local BBS's (0)
If you find another local only BBSoperator, I suggest you form a commitee to further intrajurisdictional networking. If nothing else e-mail and UUCP u
usalord August 2006
Local BBS #'s (0)
Here Members can put their BBS contact info. Don't forget to block extra-jurisdictional access, if you want to avoid international/interstate commerce
usalord August 0
Benefits of Local Only IP (0)
Please post any benefits you can think of. I'll start with a few: 1) Avoids multi-jurisdictional regulations and legal hassles, 2) You can cater to yo

topics posts

fav Bookmarks
* Local-Only-IP-BBSs

UK TOP40 Ringtones

Download PRODIGITS Android APP